Does twitter help with SEO Marketing?

Discussion in 'Twitter Forum' started by MrPRinson, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MrPRinson

MrPRinson New Member

Does twitter help with SEO Marketing?
    My logic tells me that it does, but I have been reading stuff online that say otherwise.

Does anybody have a way to prove if Twitter backlinks help for SEO?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Josh54

Josh54 New Member

I work with other social networks, and on Twitter I don't know...

3. xbrainwave2005

xbrainwave2005 Well-Known Member

It is low conversion for me. What about you?

4. island

island Well-Known Member

5. Feedgy

Feedgy New Member

It helps me with the traffic. But I don't work only with twitter.

6. Rsocks

Rsocks New Member

Any direct link left on the social network affects the search result, SMM should be used as an addition to the company's thoughtful SEO.

7. technotronics

technotronics New Member

Information Technology
    Home Page:
    Google does NOT currently use signals like Facebook or Twitter followers for search ranking.
    Be on social media not for search rankings but to build up your brand and drive qualified traffic.
    5 Tips For Twitter SEO Optimization

1. Use keywords in tweets- we all know the importance of keywords. Think like a customer when using keywords. Try to use wording that a customer might be using.
    2. Optimize your account information- Your username should be the official business name and the photo should be your logo. Update your bio to include relevant business information and you can also integrate keywords. Always use a link from your website or blog as your profile link, which can bring in more visitors. Dont use too many words because it looks spammy.
    3. Dont just tweet links from your website- This also looks spammy to google. Help others by retweeting their content. This helps you get more diversified content and it might help you get some retweets in the long run. Retweets are the key to Twitter success.
    4. Make sure your tweets are re-tweetable- This includes spell-check and readability too. Try to keep your tweets around 120 characters for more re-tweets. Use URL shorteners like bit.ly to help maximize your character space. Don’t just tweet a link and say nothing, write a short message or a witty play on words. Twitter is a platform to bring out your brand’s essence and engage with customers. Every tweet counts.
    5. Add your twitter handle to your website- Most reputable brands have all of their social media handles on their websites nowadays. The easiest, and cleanest, way to do this is to add a Twitter button along with other social media buttons. This will give customers an easy, visual way to access your Twitter and connects your website to your account.
    Checking Twitter’s analytics frequently will give you some insight on your most liked, re-tweeted, and impressionable tweets. This will help you continue to craft SEO-friendly tweets that can increase followers and traffic to your website.