[GET] Brutal Street Grappling Program

Discussion in 'Member Downloads' started by SteveW123, Aug 14, 2015.

1. SteveW123

SteveW123 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I got this as a bonus to a DVD I ordered.

The production values are aren't too high, to say the least, but it's worth watching if you're into self-defense/MMA, etc.

Cheers

Code:
     http://mma-sd.s3.amazonaws.com/BrutalStreetGrapplingEssentials.m4v 

2. BobMarleyFan

BobMarleyFan Well-Known Member

Unemployable- I Refuse To Be A Slave To The Matrix
    Hey Steve

Thanks for the share, much appreciated. Will check it out for sure.

I'm a fellow martial artist so nice to see stuff like this getting uploaded on BHT. If you don't mind me asking, this was a bonus on a product you ordered....what was the main product?

3. SteveW123

BobMarleyFan, I'll have to dig it out and check. Can't remember off the top of my head. I remember it wasn't anything special, just like a 10 buck promotional DVD.

We've had a couple of martial arts things shared on here before, so I figured there might be some guys interested in seeing this. Glad you found it.

Actually, a shrewd search of Youtube can often throw up a huge amount of stuff - full DVD courses that people have uploaded. Likewise, there's a Chinese site you can search and find full courses too -
    Code:
     http://www.youku.com 
    . You can build quite a library just spending a few days on just those two sites.

Looks like that's your weekend sorted!

ilikeseggs, FMG, forumbliss and 2 others like this.
  4. wizardone

wizardone New Member

Marketer
    thanks steve...youku has more and better self defense videos. i simply use the youku downloader to get the gems.

SteveW123 likes this.
  5. SteveW123

You're welcome wizardone.

The only problem I've found with youku is that the videos are often split into 10 min sections, which is a pain. Do you get that problem with your downloader?

6. wizardone

wizardone New Member

Marketer
    Its weird Steve....Sometimes the downloader will break the video into into smaller vidoes as you stated. Sometimes it will break the video into smaller videos and download the entire video. I simply overlook this minor inconvenience.

Youku has so many incredible self defense videos....Krav Maga, Kung-fu, and etc. I prefer it over Youtube when it comes to building my martial arts video collection. Also, you should check out C-a-r-l Cestari (his first name with hyphens for obvious reasons) on Youku. He is pretty good. The system he teaches is simple and pretty effective. Hope this is of help to you.

7. SteveW123

I'll have a look at that guy. Thanks, Wizardone.

Yeah, I've found quite a bit of stuff on Youku. Sadly some of the stuff I actually paid for beforehand!

It's hard finding quality videos - so much seems to be from guys who've never even had a fight in a schoolyard, let alone on the street, so you just know you'll get creamed if you take their word as Gospel and try to use their stuff. Especially blade work.

If you like practical techniques, have a look at K-e-v-i-n O'Hagan. I like him, but he does seem to hold back at times, which is a complete no-no in real life. His stuff is like street jiu jitsu. L-e-e Morrison is another decent practical-techniques guy - I think I saw him on Youku but didn't check to see what DVD it was to know if it's his good stuff.

I might give your downloader a try. Mine ALWAYS splits vids so it'll be nice if I can get the odd full one too.

crusher and wizardone like this.
  8. wizardone

wizardone New Member

Marketer
    thank you steve......i will stay in touch