Namecheap vs Godaddy

Discussion in 'Domain Names and Parking' started by arfe2011, Sep 16, 2013.

1. arfe2011

arfe2011 New Member

where should you buy bulk domains? Namecheap or Godaddy?

new226 likes this.
  2. lulolulito

lulolulito Member

They are both good, I like them both and have domains on both, find the best coupon that will save you more money.
    Namecheap gives you free whoisgard for a year, godaddy has coupons for that but sometimes is hard to find.

whoisgard helps with spam and people trying to gain access to your domain registration.

find coupons and select the best deal for the price

manythanks likes this.
  3. HiTechBiniou

HiTechBiniou Member

Music
    I find NameCheap more straightforward than GoDaddy.

I really don't like GoDaddy. They use your domains anyway they want and with no respect. GoDaddy website is ugly so if you let them park your domain name, it will be ugly as well.

NameCheap is more class.

Just my 2 cents. IMOO

4. ellic78041

ellic78041 V.I.P. Lifetime V.I.P. Lifetime

I used to like Godaddy and they used to have great prices. Not any more. Renewals are about $14.95 for .COM domains. Plus they charge for every extra. Not much money, but it adds up when you have dozens of domains, like I do.

I now buy all my .COM domains ay namesilo.com that also give you Domain Privacy free for life for 8.95 dlls TOTAL. If ou google a coupon code for them, you can get a $1 dll discount.

Hope this helps you, as it helped me.

Gayleen and Glock like this.
  5. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

Thank you, I will check them out. I have been moving everything to namescheap. It has been easier having all of my domains in one place. But namesilo looks like a better deal.

6. CoolDogTag

CoolDogTag Active Member

how long have you been using namesilo.com

most such companies
    may give you free domain privacy for 1 or 2 years
    then start charging

what are your experiences

pls share

7. ellic78041

ellic78041 V.I.P. Lifetime V.I.P. Lifetime

Hi

I have been using Namesilo for about four years. I started with just about 5 domains to test them and gradually been increasing the amount of domais I have there. I still have most of my domains with godaddy because I am too lazy to move them, but new ones I buy at Namesilo. The basic privacy option is free for life. Although they have other paid options, I have no idea what are they really for, since the basic option keeps your personal data out of sight. So far I have not found any hidden fees or increasing prices. Not a pretty website but they are very solid and I am happy with my savings

8. scottyaks143

scottyaks143 Member

My favorite domain registrar is 4goodhosting. I find the interface very easy to use and it is very easy to push and otherwise manage domains names. They have .ca domains available which is $12.95 per year or get it free if you sign up any of their hosting plans. Just sign up already and you wont regret.

Gayleen likes this.
  9. Cesarz

Cesarz New Member

Domainer
    Home Page:
    Namecheap all the way. It is much easier to get around. I use both, but much prefer to use Namecheap. Godaddy doesnt make it easy to get around its somewhat confusing domain dashboard. Also Namecheap just recently updated their dashboard.

10. balerec

balerec Active Member

Consulatant
    Agree I use GD but only for test domains when they have a.99 cent sale. Otherwise, it's Name cheap. GD makes it hard to get around because they don't want you to transfer your domain from their service so they make it as confusing as possible in the hopes you'll give up and stay with them. Personally, I think GD sucks and is a joke especially for hosting.

11. jonnieravinez

jonnieravinez New Member

True, they're both great but if I have to choose I'd go for namecheap as it's dashboard it's pretty straightforward. Godaddy it's a bit confusing here and there for me.

12. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

I use namesilo now. Free privacy. Used them for about two years with no problem. I have been slowly moving all my sites to namesilo. Having them in one or two places simplifies things for me.

harrylime likes this.
  13. harrylime

harrylime Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

Thanks for that advice, Glock. I will now look into this, as everywhere else I've ever registered domain names wants a King's Ransom for privacy fees. ;)

14. msr

msr Well-Known Member

I used to have practically all domains on GoDaddy now I have only one left there (personal and home business accounts). They have become too greedy.

The only cheaper option might be their club or membership or whatever they call it (domains and renewals are cheaper then) but I don't like any commitments that would possibly be even harder to break.

So practically all my domains are on Namecheap now. And I disagree with transfers being hard - actually I have no problem transferring a domain from GoDaddy to NameCheap usually in less than two hours, sometimes in only one, even 10 days after domain has expired. You just have to unlock the domain (at GoDaddy, if it is locked), request authorization code (and enter it into Namecheap domain cart) and proceed with the process. The longest wait is for an e-mail message from Namecheap with a website link to confirm the transfer. To speed it up I log into GoDaddy and manually confirm transfer in their domain control panel as soon as it is available. After that it's only a matter of minutes that a domain is running at Namecheap.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    JuniorBoy likes this.
  15. daica85

daica85 Active Member

Freelancer
    Home Page:
    There’re many big guys in domain industry that you can rely on, however according to me, there’re 2 big guys that I usually use to invest a large number of domain on them. 2 of them are Godaddy and Namecheap.

With Godaddy, I usually get big discounts via email, the most percent discount I’ve got are 30% off and 25% off on new orders. More, they have a very professional and comfortable control panel that can help me much in domain management. Very easy to transfer or renew when I need to do. When my domains get expiring, I’ve always get notification by them, that’s very good. For their coupons, you can visit here to get Godaddy coupon

With Namecheap, they have a very good and friendly support team that can help you almost instantly, I’ve contact them many times and each time was let me very happy and rate them 5 stars in supporting. Namecheap also give monthly coupons that can help you save 25% off on your hosting, VPS purchasing. For their coupons, you can visit here to get Namecheap coupon

So I would like to recommend 2 domain registrars to you. I hope this helps.

Good luck to you!