This forum needs active moderation

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Walker, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Walker

Walker Well-Known Member

Why is it I have to wait 30 seconds to report posts yet the spammers posting crap simply for a backlink appear to be able to posts as they like right off the bat.

I wish the mods would stop new members posting anything that contains a link and make them post at least 50 times before their posts can contain a link of any description.

If they genuinely have stuff to share it's easy enough to contact a mod in order that they can make a post with the link.

The lack of moderation on this forum is really beginning to piss me off

Walker

harrylime likes this.
  2. breynolds

breynolds SUPER VIP LIFETIME Jr. VIP

Mods can't do anything since admin updated the forum, really sucks

3. Walker

Walker Well-Known Member

Update was not the best for sure

harrylime and breynolds like this.
  4. harrylime

harrylime Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

Hello folks

Well, I never thought I would ever need to say this, but the BHT site (but, I hasten to add, NOT the few remaining genuine members) now irrevocably and officially stinks.

I have just done one of my currently irregular visits to the site and I am appalled by the amount of uncontrolled spamitis that's going on. The first two 'new posts' pages were all crap about the same thing from the same poster in different sub-forums. WTF?!!!

Then I read this thread and couldn't believe to note that whichever moderator(s) is/are left bothering for this site apparently have their hands tied about winkling out or banning such detritus from being posted.

For a long while now, it has been blatantly obvious that BHT has been heading towards Davy Jones' Locker, so what did Admin do? Changed the whole fucking forum design and system ('likes' instead of 'thanks', for instance) and scared off/banned/pissed off many long-time stalwarts forever.

Just what is the point of continuing to run a forum that

(a) cannot be moderated?
    (b) allows mass spam and backlinking willynilly?
    (c) doesn't attract functional, practical, utilitarian, helpful, competent, capable, skilled, proficient, experienced (and any other synonyms of 'useful ') new members? or
    (d) doesn't try to entice old members back - you know, those who we made friends and good acquaintanceships with once upon a time?

As I've mentioned in the recent past on another thread, most of my time is now taken up 'offline' caring for my disabled wife, so I cannot get back here very often at the moment.

Sadly, with what this forum has become, through no fault of its genuine members, I will no longer be popping in until somebody emails me to say that things have vastly improved.

I will not hold my breath waiting...

Good luck to those of you who remain.

Vexed of Vienna
    (AKA Harry Lime)

“You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,
    but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love,
    they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.”

Walker, breynolds, nitetrain and 3 others like this.
  5. donniefred

donniefred Member

When I noticed these spam and complained about it, no actions were taken. I decided not to visit here. And now I just log in to be welcomed by spam. Really sucks!

6. Cecil

Cecil Active Member

I agree. This forum is going downhill fast. Ever since the switch to the new system was made the spam has been out of control and nothing is done about it. If admin is not doing something soon this forum will be done. Simply going back to the old software would be a good start...

Walker likes this.