* * * Udemy Coupons from this site are NOT allowed on BHT * * *

Discussion in 'UDEMY Section' started by zero1, Dec 26, 2014.

1. zero1

zero1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

PLEASE NOTE...to All BHT Members

Udemy Coupons that are Free from this site are NOT to be Posted as a Thread here on BHT.

Download for Free:
    Code:
    http://www.couponlair.com/Free

This NOT the way to gain 'quick 'Thanked Posts' by posting these Coupons.
    Please abide by this RULE and DO NOT put the links on BHT.

2. zero1

I also note that there are many hard-working BHT Members thta do post Legitmate threads and Posts that are beneficial and very helpful to other members, without going anywhere near using Udemy. Members like JS, Inquisitor, Excalibur are just a small example of how BHT runs as a great forum.

So, please abide by this Rule and only go to that site and get your FREE Udemy Courses and DO NOT Post any of those links here on BHT.
    Thanks and this is in your interest and BHT as a quality Forum.

wlasikiewicz, Dide, carson and 8 others like this.
  3. filepremium

filepremium Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thank you so much zero1.

zero1 likes this.
  4. number1

number1 SUPER VIP LIFETIME Jr. VIP

Yes Sir ....We need a message like this to remind BHT members from time to time Thanks.

filepremium, harrylime and zero1 like this.
  5. Hotdogs

Hotdogs Well-Known Member

Good idea, Zero1.
    Education is good, but it's a little bit sad when bht is turn around to be a udemy forum.

You can search from inside as well
    Code:
    https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=free

BIbs74, belexismail, FMG and 3 others like this.
  6. harrylime

harrylime Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

I guess there had to be an underlying reason why this place was being swamped by free Udemy courses. Thanks to zero1 and Hotdogs, I can now go and choose appropriate courses for me at my leisure, although I do thank Topiputeh, Goco and Alexlay for the handful of Udemy courses that I did find useful during the past year. :cool:

Hotdogs, FMG, RatatoskMalice and 3 others like this.
  7. topiputeh

topiputeh Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

Hi guys/moderators, like to have clarification or your suggestions first before deciding to whether I should continue spending time searching, posting and updating udemy coupons:

1) zero1 mentioned not to take posts from a particular site - can coupons given out by instructors via personal requests, FaceBook, emails or their blogs be posted here?
    2) Are paid udemy courses only (with free coupons) still allowed (meaning "absolutely free ones without coupons whatsoever" cannot be posted as they can be easily found within udemy itself as pointed by hotdogs )?
    3) If a course is mentioned by the instructor as FREE LIMITED TIME but will be paid soon, allowed to be posted here or must wait until it is paid then issued a free coupon?

For record: So far I haven't used information from the site that zero1 mentioned in the OP

Thanks in advance for input from moderators and esteemed BHT members. I haven't PM anyone personally about this issue. Enjoy your Christmas and coming New Year holidays.

zero1 likes this.
  8. BlogOnBlog

BlogOnBlog Well-Known Member

Sorry might as well just rename this forum udemyteam.com.......Its getting beyond the joke, 4 or 5 pages of udemy shares:(

9. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

I just tried the https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=free link and wonder why I never used it before. I was getting lazy just looking at the links posted here. Although, there were times when a course closed out its free enrollment and someone here find a new link for us. That was valuable.

10. zero1

Here are working Suggestions and I'm sure that many will agree with these... (Admin over-rides everyone, so it's his final decision).

1. If the Course is NOT found on those two listed Sites, (You must check first) then only give links that are relevant to BHT Members learning about IM'ing.

2. The Course MUST contain enough learning material in it to be a viable Link. There are too many little courses, which are just 'List-builders', who then flog you to death with a dirth of emails. And of course, many of these so-called gooroos swap, sell, exchange these lists. A number of these Courses are just lead-ins to WF BS and other sites.

3. If a Course doesn't have a minimum of 2 hours + training in it, then it usually is just a BS Course or as said, a Lead-in to other Courses, etc. When an Instructor offers the Course for Free, that's understandable because they want to quickly build a number of members and get their Reviews so others will sign up. No-one is denying them that, but too many of these Courses are just becoming extensions of WF. The Course MUST BE RELEVANT to Members learning about how to become a better/bigger/successful Internet Marketer. This is why we are all here. Yes, of course, to save money. But also to learn, (there's just a number of the wrong type of Courses creeping in to the system).

I personally THANK Goco, Topiputeh and Alexlay for their great input and yes you guys have saved many Members a lot of money and contributed well to BHT.

I would suggest that the way to go is to 'BULK-LIST' the Course Titles with the relevant Link of these free courses in the one thread. Then Members can go to that site and pick and choose their Course/s. Of course, thanks are still given on your thread for supplying that information. This also means that Members aren't having to scroll through every Course Link searching fo a relevant IM Course.

If an Instructor offers a Free course, then it has to contain enough learning material in it to justify having that link. Any Course that is full-priced at $19, $27 to $49 is usually just a List-builder and only contains about an hour of material.

Please do try the 'BULK-Links' approach, and then we won't feel as though we are being swamped with Udemy all the time.
    I wouls also suggest that the three above mentioned Members put those two 'Free Udemy Links' supplied...into their 'SIGNATURE LINE'. This way, other members only have to look up their names, without searching for a particular thread to get that link.

Comments are welcome and Thanks to everyone for your understanding on this matter.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  11. carper3256

carper3256 Member

I would like to personally thank Goco, Topiputeh and Alexlay for all their efforts getting some of the best udemy course coupons out there and hope they do not stop honouring us with their diligence. Thanks to them I got over a thousand courses to devour.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you.

sammyc and PatrickW like this.
  12. topiputeh

topiputeh Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

If you have not seen this, here are some tips on getting fresh coupons when its free enrollment is closed:
    Code:
    http://www.blackhatteam.com/f191/info-tips-and-tricks-how-to-snag-and-find-udemy-course-coupons-before-they-are-sold-out-106914.html

belexismail, sammyc, katie66 and 2 others like this.
  13. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

zero1, thanks for clarifying that.

I appreciate the udemy free coupons that Goco, Topiputeh and Alexlay have taken the time to find and post.

The original post on this thread was about one thing only.....don't use sites like the one highlighted for links to post here. That was it.

The rest of the thread is about others feelings about udemy and so on. And we should share.

Here is my take on it.

If the udemy threads bother you, then ignore them (given that the links are appropriate as per the forum rules). It is quite simply that easy.

There are things that are posted here that I am interested in and some not.

One has to be careful NOT to start leaning towards censoring this or that too much , just because "you" may not like it.

At that point, "we" as a forum will start to suffer.

People will be reticent to share for fear of the "Ban Hammer".......I have seen this scene play out too many times on other forums.

Let's NOT go the way of many other forums that I have been a member of....start out great, then the few ruin it for the many.

Keep BHT the great forum that it is.

Encourage people to share new ideas and coupons and such.....as long as it follows the guidelines of the forum.

Otherwise, BHT follows the path of other former great forums and becomes boring and stale and quite irrelevant.

sammyc and PatrickW like this.
  14. BlogOnBlog

Ignore them.....How the hell can you ignore them when there are just udemy threads

15. zero1

I agree. It's pretty hard to ignore, when there are a plethora on links on the New Posts page.

The idea is to NOT use the links from those Free sites, because newbies will just keep uploading them to build their 'thanked posts'.

I have said that any other Udemy links that are not free and certainly relevant to BHT Members, you can then upload them only on one link. There is nothing wrong with having several links on the one thread and describing them on the OP of that thread. This way Udemy Courses are still available, but more contained without overwhelming the other Threads. Too many things are not being seen or are being overlooked because of the sheer abundance of the Udemy threads.

BlogOnBlog likes this.
  16. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

I guess I just ignored those that were posted from other sites and I can see your point.

You don't mind udemy links that have free coupons, just NOT the ones from the other sites, and again, that is perfectly logical.

My fear was that the posters that were posting appropriate coupon links to good courses would stop entirely.

That was my whole point.

Anyway, I like the way that you have presented zero1, and it should work just fine.

For those that post spammy links from the other sites that you mentioned, well then, they will have to deal with the mods.

Concise is best, I agree.

BlogOnBlog likes this.
  17. BlogOnBlog

I really hope this forum can rise again to its former glory......The udemy threads are a start, but other things really need to be addressed
    A suggestion maybe to open a new thread where members, mods and admin can get our heads together and bounce new ideas off each other to kickstart BHT.
    Otherwise i really do fear for this forum:(

Well Blog...that's what we already do. The Mods have a separate thread where we discuss ideas and some antics by members and those that overstep the line.
    [Hey...I thought I saw your name come up the other day for being a 'naughty boy'. lol...just kidding Blog ;););)].
    Seriously, all we ever want to do is make this a better, more productive forum. Get rid of some ungrateful, selfish leechers and those that want to use the site as an avenue for their affiliate links or sales pitches. None of us are ever paid, and we do it, because we like to help others.
    We always welcome good constructive comments and you yourself can start a thread with offering any suggestions. No-one is ever stopped from doing that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  18. ellic78041

ellic78041 V.I.P. Lifetime V.I.P. Lifetime

I also was fed up with all the Udemy links. Mostly because most of them were sold out when I went to check them out.
    I also like to check the "What´s new?" button everyday to see new posts and sometimes everything was UDEMY. It just started to annoy me, no matter how much I said to myself to "just ignore it".

All this diarrhea of Udemy shares makes the forum look like it has lost its way. Not to mention that the attacks suffered last week hit us hard.

I would also vote for just one post for the UDEMY links, and limit them to IM related, in order to maintain teh focus of the forum and Re-Gain what has been lost.

19. island

island Well-Known Member

Interesting, this topic and subject comes up once again as per Michele's related thread and suggestions, ideas from misc., other BHT members awhile back... :)

As per the original thread previous to this one, discussed more into the following thread, somehow, Started and Also disappearing within BHT moderation and/or management...

Absolutely, no disrespect to Any BHT members, moderation and/or management, just a Quick overview of information being discussed here once again on the same Udemy related discussion... ;)

Please read/scan further through the complete communications in the thread for some differerent thoughts and opinions. Please don't delete the thread as part of this discussion. Much appreciate, Thanks! ... :cool:
    http://www.blackhatteam.com/f191/micheles-share-of-free-udemy-courses-wed-9-3-2014-a-105155.html

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  20. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Well-Known Member

Like having the site available consistently for a start.

I tried to log in today and it was redirected to a domain holding page. What was happening then?