* * * Udemy Coupons from this site are NOT allowed on BHT * * *

Discussion in 'UDEMY Section' started by zero1, Dec 26, 2014.

1. POST

POST Well-Known Member

sorry .. i did post that link to that site unknowingly that it is not allowed..
    just share as i always do.. it is ok..
    LOVE THIS FORUM since 2009..

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. peggymitchell

peggymitchell Well-Known Member

I shared my views on another thread along with Carson who got slated by certain people for airing his views on the subject.

That thread was wiped out - coincided with the server issue I think.

It seems more people here now realize that the Udemy issue is definitely becoming a concern. I will stick to my views, the majority of the Udemy courses shared here do lack any real substance and most - especially the IM related ones are outdated, usually by 2 or 3 or 4 years.

We HAVE to address this issue before this forum becomes saturated with Udemy courses that are not really worthwhile (maybe it's already too late).

Maybe restrict Udemy shares to IM related courses, after all, this is a Blackhat forum and not a gardening or a shed making forum.

It seems any kind of Udemy course is shared here, whether or not it is related to this forum or whether or not is has been reviewed in full by the op.

Maybe it is being used to massively increase the post count? who really knows.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    BlogOnBlog likes this.
  3. zero1

zero1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'll take the full blame for making a real issue out of this whole thing with all the Udemy Courses, Peggy. I deleted that thread, (I think) because some other people were becoming a bit too precious in their own personal viewpoints. Without considering where and why the inquiry was initially made.

I've addressed several of the issues that you mentioned already and have offered up these solutions.

1. The Udemy Courses that are listed as being Free without any Coupons - are not to be listed here on BHT.

2. The Udemy uploaders, (as in Goco, Topiputeh, Alexlay) can only upload relevant IM related Courses to BHT.

3. The Udemy Courses can be 'Bulk-Uploaded' on the 'ONE' Thread, (as in having 5, 10, 15 in a single thread). This then cuts down the amount of single threads for each course and doesn't impede the NEW POSTS section where many Members make there initial inspection.

All the MOD's here are only trying to make this a bigger, better Forum that is helpful to all of us being Successful Internet Marketers.

carson, topiputeh, harrylime and 2 others like this.
  4. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Well-Known Member

Well, I am sorry this happened. Maybe I was the only one who really benefited from the udemy coupons?

I have saved thousands from the work of Topiputeh and Alexlay. There is little point mentioning these areas as few would understand. But I was able to turn the information in these courses into generating tens thousands of dollars.

So for that, I am very grateful to these guys. :)

lesdo, PatrickW, topiputeh and 3 others like this.
  5. TheOne

TheOne Active Member

No you were/are not the only one who has benefited from these courses.....

Topiputeh and Alexlay, not to mention others have brought some really good courses to us that I learned from and I have been around the internet since 1997.

Again, I look at these things much as one would a menu at a restaurant. I peruse it and see what interests me and then if I am interested, I will order it.

I do understand the idea that the BHT "menu" was growing out of control for some, and I can appreciate that.

zero1 has come up with a fair and concise way in which to present links for free coupons (not from the one site mentioned though) for programs that are IM related.

So, the Udemy threads will be more concise and I hope that others share those coupons to quality courses as per the forum rules.

zero1 and no1youknowz like this.
  6. no1youknowz

Agreed. Except, the IM courses for me were not the draw. The other types of courses were the most interesting to me, as they generated the most money.

So limiting these courses from being posted will be a loss for sure. I know some people mention they shouldn't be posted and thats fine, that's their view. But they are missing out in my opinion.

The internet is awash with IM material. It's all pretty much the same. Be it from a "guru" to a BSO to a udemy course. Golden nuggets for me are few and bar between.

lesdo and Marie123 like this.
  7. schnauzer

schnauzer Active Member

I have also saved 1000's of dollars due to the efforts of Top, Goco, Alexlay and others.

I am disappointed that they will no longer be able to include non-IM course codes - I've gotten some awesome courses here that I would have never seen otherwise.

Many thanks to all who have posted Udemy courses here.

lesdo likes this.
  8. tangosdad

tangosdad Well-Known Member

If the issue is that the new Udemy section posts are clogging up the New Posts list on the home page, doesn't the forum software have a way to exclude that section from the listing? Seems to me that should be configurable?

9. BlogOnBlog

BlogOnBlog Well-Known Member

Jesus christ what is wrong with you people, nobody's died......Zero and the other mods have not banned udemy courses, why the hell would you want to come to a blackhat forum to find a udemy course on how to build chicken coops:confused:

zero1 likes this.
  10. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

The problem is that these courses sometimes go very fast. A coupon is posted and before you know it the course is no longer free. If that were not the case I would say that anyone who wanted to post a link here should at least go through part of the course and post a review of some sorts. My assumption is that when someone posts something here, be it Udemy links, info courses or software, they are doing so because they want to share something they liked with everyone else. But again, this is a real problem for some limited courses.

Yesterday I tried the Udemy search. I used the key search of "Free" along with WooCommerce as this is what I was looking for. I found a free course, went through it and thought it was not bad. Not enough meat in it to pay for it, but not bad. If I had further interests I would wait for a coupon and take the advanced course.

Clearly using the search term "free" with whatever you are looking for works quite well. I don't know why there is continued discussion on all of this. The world is now your oyster.

11. no1youknowz

My profits in the new year, will surely be impacted. ;)

Non-IM courses have been banned tho.

because fried chicken with bbq sauce is very very tasty.. omg, very tasty... ummmmmm :cool:

Marie123 likes this.
  12. Marie123

Marie123 Well-Known Member

It's a pity that Udemy courses won't be part of BHT's menu anymore. It's great to have them because
    - you can find a variety of awesome content for free
    - they don't take up space in your hard drive
    - you don't drain other people's hard earned money from bandwidth use for direct downloads
    - you learn non-stop and increase earning potentials
    - unlike downloaded content, you can easily retrieve them or use on demand
    - plus lots more!

But if it is admin's decision, what can we do (except to beg or request for some consideration)? Certainly, there's a way around this if there's a will.

So grateful to Alexlay, Topiputeh, Goco and all the rest (who pitch in every now and then) for the free coupons!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

But again, perhaps admin can reconsider?

topiputeh likes this.
  13. schnauzer

schnauzer Active Member

1. Jesus Christ is not likely to be found on this forum, but he did just celebrate a birthday recently.

2. Since this discussion started, there have been very few additions to the Udemy thread, so while one might say that nobody has died, someone is definitely gravely ill.

3. In addition to enjoying a course on building chicken coops for the purpose of being prepared for emergencies or saving money by raising one's own eggs and meat, an alternative reason may be that it is an additional resource for creating new website content. I use Enounce MySpeed at double speed and am able to complete courses very quickly.

4. Marie123 and Tangosdad both have good comments. Maybe the Udemy section can have its own place instead of falling under Member Downloads. Then exclude it from the live feed of new posts. I have bookmarked the Udemy section directly instead of going through the other things I am not interested in.

5. I look forward to coming here several times a day to see what new Udemy courses are posted.

tangosdad likes this.
  14. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

Put the chicken coop on wheels. That way you can take advantage of the fertilizer in different parts of your garden/field. Golden Comets and Rhode Island Whites are great breeds.

I'm sorry, I got carried away. This thread is about chicken coops right?:)

15. robear

robear Active Member

tangosdad has a good idea about just removing the Udemy section posts from clogging up the New Posts list on the home page. I thought that's why Udemy got it's own section in the first place, to stop clogging up the download section. I never used the home page so I didn't notice :)

no1youknowz also makes a great point about IM material and other types of courses with potential.

as schnauzer pointed out, I have also saved 1000's of dollars due to the efforts of Topiputeh, Goco, Alexlay and others and have been inspired by the potential Udemy holds, Thanks!

Marie123 talked about the awesome content that didn't need to be downloaded, I also liked how I could view it on my phone anywhere :)

Anyways thanks again to Alexlay, Topiputeh, Goco and all the rest!

tangosdad likes this.
  16. zero1

zero1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

READ MY SIGNATURE LINE.
    |
    |
    |
    \/

Nothing is Banned, (except Chicken-Coop building, lol). Udemy Courses are being more controlled, that's all and nothing else.

BlogOnBlog likes this.
  17. BlogOnBlog

BlogOnBlog Well-Known Member

For such a cocky reply, may i say you have contributed absolutely zilch to this forum.....All i see in your 140 odd posts are "This course is not available anymore"
    But you sure have put time and effort into your reply to me, maybe more effort contributing and less leeching

18. LJA

LJA Active Member

I'm with no1youknowz on this. i enjoyed picking through the non-im udemy courses listed.

I don't spend much time here so the search function may be more bothersome then I could imagine. Why not just have new udemy threads lock so the chatter is kept to a minimum in that section.

GB's? - strangled.

Udemy? - bludgeoned.

Up-time? - Not good

On the bright side, the "new posts" is showing about 18 posts in the last 12 hours so good job with that :rolleyes:

Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

Opinions vary.

19. tranie

tranie Well-Known Member

medically retired
    Home Page:
    jeez you would think its the end of the world the way some of you people are going on. The only thing that has been banned are useless udemy courses that had no real information included if your that desperate for the newest 3 hour 30 part advert read throu this thread and go and find the courses yourself.

BlogOnBlog likes this.
  20. LJA

LJA Active Member

Code:
    2 seo domain names for sale pandabuster(dot)com and penguinbeater(dot)com offers by PM

is that sig file in accordance with forum rules trannie?

was searching for the rules concerning sigs earlier and found nothing. maybe you could post a link.